- Issue 35: Spring 2017
- Issue 34: Winter 2016
- Issue 33: Summer 2016
- Issue 32: Spring 2016
- Issue 31: Autumn 2015
- Issue 30: Summer 2015
- Issue 29: Winter 2014/15
- Issue 28: Autumn 2014
- Issue 27: Summer 2014
- Issue 26: Winter 2013/2014
- Issue 25: Autumn 2013
- Issue 24: Summer 2013
- Issue 23: Winter 2012/2013
- Issue 22: Autumn 2012
- Issue 21: Summer 2012
- Issue 20: Winter 2011/12
- Issue 19: Autumn 2011
- Issue 18: Summer 2011
- Issue 17: Winter 2010/11
- Issue 16: Autumn 2010
- Issue 15: Spring 2010
- Issue 14: Winter 2009
- Issue 13: Summer 2009
- Issue 12: Spring 2009
- Issue 11: Winter 2008
- Issue 10: Spring 2008
- Issue 9: Winter 2007
- Issue 8: Spring 2007
- Issue 7: Winter 2006
- Issue 6: Summer 2006
- Issue 5: Winter 05/06
- Issue 4: Autumn 2005
- Issue 3: Summer 2005
- Issue 2: Winter 2005
- Issue 1: Autumn 2004
Access EMBO logo files and images for use online and in print.
Reports & Brochures
EMBO provides the following reports and brochures to inform the life science community about its activities. Further news and information is available in EMBOencounters, our newsletter, and in our press releases.
Read about the EMBO vision for a thriving life science research community in Europe. See what some leading researchers have to say about what it takes to do the best science and the roles of EMBO programmes, activities and publications in enabling the best science.
Annual facts & figures
Interested in the number of fellowships granted last year? To whom were they awarded? What countries are the awardees from; to where are they moving for their research? Find all the statistics for all programmes, activities and publications in the annual EMBO Facts & Figures booklet.
The EMBO Pocket Directory
Find out who the EMBO Members and EMBO Young Investigators are. Download a PDF booklet that lists all members and young investigators sorted by alphabet, by country of residence, and by subject area, or request a printed copy of the booklet.
EMBO in the news
Read media articles covering EMBO and the EMBO communities:
|22.11. 2016||Nature: Peer-review 'heroes' do lion's share of the work|
|25.02. 2016||Science Magazine: What makes elite academics move?|
|10.02. 2016||Nature: Why does it take too long to publish research?|
|10.02. 2016||Nature: This week in science: 5-11 February|
|08.01. 2016||EuroScientist: Quota or no Quota|
|15.01. 2016||Science Magazine: Publishers embrace scheme to end name confusion|
|08.01. 2016||TheScientist: ORCID Rising|
Videos & podcast
George A. Garinis:
How the brain computes space
The beginning of his scientific career
Recent discoveries in ageing research
|Successful job applications: Five tips on how to boost your career|
|How to present your research - five tips to boost your career|
- The Lancet talks to Maria Leptin about a petition to save scientific funding in Europe
[2 November 2012]
- Meghna Sachdev from Science magazine talks to Maria Leptin about 'open access' in scientific publishing
There are many ways to learn about the latest EMBO news. Our news centre contains press releases, publications and recent press coverage mentioning EMBO.
- EMBO press releases: Between ten and twelve announcements are distributed each year to more than 2,000 members of the media, highlighting annual elections to our community, awards and other news.
- EMBO research news: Press releases describing either research highlights published in EMBO journals or work published in other publications by the EMBO scientific community.
- Newsletter - EMBOencounters: Three times a year, our newsletter EMBOencounters provides up-to-date information on EMBO activities and news from the community. Available online and in print, it is mailed to approximately 2,000 individuals in the EMBO community and emailed to more than 20,000 subscribers.
- EMBO in the News: Read what journalists around the world write about our organization.
- Videos & podcasts: Listen to EMBO podcasts and watch latest interviews with EMBO Members and speakers from The EMBO Meeting.
- Reports & brochures: View and download our image brochure and annual facts & figures.
- Logos: Access EMBO logo files in different formats for use online and in print.
The news centre is a service for journalists. We will reply to all media enquiries quickly and directly.