Keynote Lectures by EMBO Members
Meeting organizers can apply for funding for an EMBO Member or Associate Members to give a keynote lecture at their major international scientific meeting. This provides participants with an opportunity to find out about the recent research findings from EMBO Members' laboratories.
Please apply at least 6 months in advance of the meeting. Applications for keynote lectures that take place shortly after the deadline may not be considered. The lecture must be given the status of a keynote lecture, featured prominently within the programme and entitled "The EMBO Lecture”. Applications are handled via the online application system.
Please note that funding is not available for EMBO Keynote Lectures at EMBO Conferences, EMBO Workshops or EMBO | EMBL Symposia (but it is available for EMBO | FEBS Lecture Courses).
Application deadlines: 1 February, 1 June and 1 October. Applicants will be notified within six weeks of the deadline.
Apply online via the online application system and please:
- Provide a complete programme of the meeting, clearly indicating the proposed "The EMBO Lecture" slot.
- Ensure that the spectrum of speakers and attendees is international in its scope.
- Ensure that the invited speaker, who must be an EMBO Member or Associate Member, resides outside of the host country.
- Ensure that either the scientific meeting is held in or the EMBO Member is working in an EMBC Member State.
The following costs will not be covered:
- stipend for the speaker;
- meeting registration fee;
- costs towards the general organization of the meeting.
Conditions of Funding
Application should be made by the meeting organizer and fulfill the following requirements:
- Support will only be provided for a speaker who is an EMBO Member.
- Funding will only be provided for one speaker per meeting. The EMBO Member must be working and/or be going to an event in an EMBC Member State.
- The lecture has keynote lecture status, is featured prominently within the meeting programme and entitled "The EMBO Lecture".
- The speaker should be introduced at the meeting as an EMBO Member. The EMBO Courses & Workshops office will ask the speaker to make some general comments about EMBO and its activities and will provide a Powerpoint slide for this purpose. A selection of EMBO publicity material may be sent to the organizer for display at the meeting.
- The EMBO logo should be included on all publicity related to the meeting.
1 February, 1 June and 1 October
T. +49 6221 8891 112
Deputy Head, EMBO Courses and Workshops
T. + 49 6221 8891 562
T. + 49 6221 8891 105
Digital Communications Officer
T. + 49 6221 8891 103
Web & Graphic Design Assistant
T. + 49 6221 8891 131