Cooperation with Singapore
The Singapore government signed a cooperation agreement with EMBO, which will run from October 2011 until the end of 2015 with the possibility of continuation.
The agreement brings together major players in Singapore’s biomedical research scene, namely the Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR), the Nanyang Technological University (NTU) and the National University of Singapore (NUS).
As part of this agreement, the following EMBO activities are open to scientists based in Singapore:
- EMBO Fellowships – applications are invited for short-term fellowships (applications open all year around) and long-term fellowships (deadlines: mid-February & mid-August)
- Funding for an EMBO Workshop to be held in Singapore – deadlines: 1 March & 1 August
- Support for keynote lectures given by EMBO Members at conferences held in Singapore – application deadlines: 1 February, 1 June and 1 October
- Support for lectures given by EMBO Young Investigators at conferences held in Singapore – applications open all year around
- Travel stipends for scientists based in Singapore to attend EMBO Courses & Workshops and The EMBO Meeting in Europe and for scientists based in Europe to attend the EMBO Workshop in Singapore – further details and the application form are available on the A*STAR website
- One young group leader from Singapore per year will be eligible to join the EMBO Young Investigator Network.
T. + 49 6221 8891 104
T. + 49 6221 8891 409
Acting Director, A*STAR
Assistant Head, A*STAR